Friday, February 27, 2009

Peter Parker

So do you wonder if your son is normal if he won't take off that costume???

From the time my boys were little and started using their imagination during play, I discovered a very important thing about males. They are not just playing and using their imaginations they have truly become whatever it is that they have created up in their minds. My Samuel was not just acting out scenes from Star Wars he was Darth Vader or which ever character he was playing. Benjamin was Woody for the longest time. He would wear his Woody costume everywhere we went including church. If the outfit was in the wash well, he wore his cowboy boots and he was still Woody. I did let him wear it everywhere and whenever he wanted because I knew it would not last and it was important to him. He probably does not even remember wearing it, but I sure do and what a great memory that is! My nephew Solomon has been Peter Parker for months now. It is the cutest thing ever, and good for you Kimi for letting him explore his imagination. They are only little once and someday down the road they will begin to loose that gift of imagination, so let them express themselves even if it is a little embarrassing!

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment