Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life with Boys

Many times when I am out with my crew, I meet other women who stare in wonder. "I can't imagine what it's like living with all those boys!" Another comment I hear way too often is, "Oh, I feel soooooo sorry for you. It must be horrible to be outnumbered by all boys."

Please do not have pity for me. I love my life surrounded by boys. Don't misunderstand. I would have loved to have had a daughter, but that hasn't been God's plan for me. This is my life and I'm thankful for it.

For those of you who are curious what it's like, I'll give you a little sneak peek.

-My younger boys scream whenever their Daddy & I kiss.
-My older boys think I am way to strict when it comes to video game choices.
-They look forward to date night with Mommy:)
-They love to show me their latest Lego creations.
-They dig holes in my yard with shovels in order to plant the maple tree seedlings they found in the gutter.
-They sometimes decide to climb on the roof and chase each other (I guess they didn't think I'd hear the footsteps on the roof.)
-They like to see who can climb the highest in our pine tree.
-They play war for hours with the neighbor boys with very convincing dialogue.
-When they are hurt or sick, they always want me:)
-They are very low maintenence. You can fix their hair just by rubbing their head.
-They have all gone through an "I will marry Mommy" phase. One of them actually had a pretend ceremony for me in my Mom's bathroom.

How could you not enjoy a life like mine??? Feel free to add your boy stories in the comments. I'd love to hear them!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. I was a mother who didn't want boys. I prayed for only girls and didn't think God would give me boys when I didn't think I could handle them. Well, God knew best. He gave me 3 boys first! I remember looking into my first son's eyes minutes after birth and thinking how much I loved him. The first 3 boys were always into things, but they were the cuddliest sweetest boys I could ever have asked for! They always made me the cutest cards and pictures. Then I had 2 girls who I loved too, but they were "Daddy's girls". It's funny how the boys loved Mommy and the girls loved Daddy. My youngest boy has always been my buddy. We just love hanging out. And now that the 3 oldest boys are grown we still have a great relationship. I love all the kids, but there is something about the way the opposite parent/child relationship helps prepare the child for marriage and how to treat his or her spouse.

    ReplyDelete